RAW VEGAN BANANA BREAD
To make this scrumptious and raw, vegan banana bread you will need a dehydrator and the following ingredients:
- 5 bananas
- 2 large carrots
- 60ml water
- 5 dates
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- seeds of 1 vanilla pod
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 sesame seeds
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans/walnuts (I used both)
- Place the first lot of ingredients into your blender or food processor and mix until you get a smoothie like consistency.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Using a spatula spread mixture over baking paper to about 5mm thickness. I have a round shaped dehydrator so I required several sheets of this.
- Dehydrate on highest temperature for 1 hour then reduce to about 40C and dehydrate for another 2 hours. Check again.
- The “bread” should be holding together enough to be able to peel the paper off and allow to dehydrate without the paper (please flip your bread at this stage). This may take a little longer.
- Keep your eye on the banana bread (tasting, touching frequently) until you have reached a firm (not crispy) texture. This took me 10 hours. It should be holding together nicely and the smell should be making your mouth water.
- Cut into desired pieces or shapes with cookie cutter.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Valeria Ramirez – Holistic Health Coach
Valeria Ramirez is a Personal Trainer and Certified Holistic Health Coach. Valeria has studied at the Australian Institute of Fitness, the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and is currently studying to complete her Bachelor of Health Science degree(Nutritional Medicine). It is Valeria’s mission to inspire others to find health, balance, and most importantly be able to wake up every morning and love the person they see in the mirror, with her focus on fitness and holistic nutrition, health coaching, and preventive health. Valeria works with her clients to help them make lifestyle changes that produce real and lasting results.http://www.thewellnest.com.au
ORGANIC, FINALLY PROVEN TO BE BETTER
The debate over whether organic food or conventional food is better for you is finally over. Researchers from England...
Spring time, detox time We are in the midst of delicious spring, and it’s one of the best times of year to do a bod...
TIPS FOR STAYING HEALTHY WHEN TRAVELLING
Travel does not mean compromising healthy habits! ‘If it is important to you, you will find a way, If is not you will...