From Earth Cacao Glow Bar
This is truly the way nature intended chocolate to be, naturally! Rich in essential superfood nutrients that will feed your vital force, make your skin glow & nourish your soul. Commercial chocolates are not only high in refined sugars, refined dairy & hidden refined soy products but contain many chemicals, artificial colours and additives that cause oxidative stress on the body. These raw chocolate glow bars actually nourish your body and assist in concentration, high levels of antioxidants, energy production & nervous system support making them perfect for kids lunch box treats.
- 500g block of organic cacao butter
- 1 cup of organic cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of organic ground vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon of organic cinnamon spices
- 2 dessert spoons of raw organic honey or manuka honey
- 200g organic sun dried white mulberries
- 1 cup of organic blueberries
- bring a large saucepan of water to a simmer.
- in your large mixing bowl add your chopped up block of cacao butter & slowly melt over the simmering water. The trick is to let it temper slowly over a low heat so you retain all of those glorious nutrients.
- After about 20 minutes the cacao butter will have reduced to a golden liquid, place on your timber cutting board and allow to cool for around 10 minutes.
- Sift your cacao powder into the liquid mix & stir as you sift.
- Stir in your spices, vanilla bean powder & raw honey until mixed thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into your rectangular tin baking tray or chocolate slab molds.
- Sprinkle evenly over your chocolate the chopped white mulberries and whole blueberries. The berries will set into the chocolate.
- Place in the fridge and let set for around 1 hour.
- take out of your molds and cut into sections or break up into chunks for a raw finish.
- you can store in your fridge for up to 10 days if you don't use the blueberries and this chocolate will keep in the freezer for weeks. Oceans of Peace Mungbeans xx
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dayne Crocker - Nutritionist
Nutritionist Dayne specialises in examining your daily diet and lifestyle to establish any dietary deficiencies that may be impacting on your health. In his consultations he’ll shine a light on your bodily systems in review to get a clear indication of how your diet may be affecting your body’s functions.
His positive out look and zest for life are infectious. Dayne is regularly featured on TV and in magazines. Dayne’s passion is to empower all with the skills & knowledge to live a wholefood lifestyle full of abundance, education is power & his motto is simple, “Eat well, Feel well, Live well”.