Brussels sprouts are high in fibre and the high fibre content can lower our cholesterol by binding with bile acids that the liver produces from cholesterol for digesting fat. They are full of antioxidants including Vitamins C, E, and A, as well as the mineral manganese. One and a half cups of Brussels sprouts contain about 1/3 of the daily recommended amount of omega-3 fatty acids and the wealth of vitamin K found in Brussels sprouts has been shown to effectively regulate our body’s inflammatory responses. They are also high in Vitamin C which will ensure a healthy immune system.
What you need:
- 2 cups of Brussel Sprouts.
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts (activated if possible).
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (activated if possible).
- 1 tablespoon butter (only real butter) OR 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- 1 finely grated zest orange.
- Pinch of salt (I used Himalayan pink salt).
- 1 teaspoon of cracked black pepper.
What to do:
- Mix the butter, orange zest and hazelnuts in a small bowl with some freshly ground black pepper (this can be done 1 day ahead and kept covered in your fridge).
- Place your butter/coconut oil mix on your baking tray along with your Brussel sprouts and mix together.
- Sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Place in oven at 180 and bake for 10mins.
- Remove from oven, check and stir.
- Continue roasting until the sprouts are tender and lightly browned
BOUT THE AUTHOR
I know that true health and happiness comes from the inside out and I offer you my heart as a healer, coach and yoga teacher.
As the Founder of Nurture Pod, I work very closely with my clients to support them to make positive changes in their life, based on their individual needs and tailored in a completely loving way.
My approach is not about counting calories or focusing on restrictions, but working in partnership with you to create a nourishing life.
I thrive on inspiring, teaching and motivating women just like you by sharing my years of training, experience and personal battles, to help you on your journey towards blissful balance.
Friend. Teacher. Guide. Light. Whichever way you wish to look at it, I’m here for you
APN - ANTI-AGEING SECRETS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
What is ageing? Can anything slow it down? Ageing is basically defined as a cells gradual decline in function and nu...
Top Summer Slim Down Tips
With 2015 well and truly here, it’s time to get back into the swing of a healthy eating and fitness routine to shed s...
2015 NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS
With the troubles of 2014 behind us, let’s welcome in 2015 with some fresh and inspiring New Years resolutions ideas ...